Our newest collection is inspired by two of my favorite era’s: The roaring twenties and the bustle era!
As a designer and stylist, I absolutely love dressing up to emulate a flapper girl. I enjoy studying the trends on young ladies dolled up for a night out in Hollywood as well as shadowing trends across Paris and Milan fashion week.
We’ve incorporated these trends in our exclusive dance costumes section available online only!
With Halloween costume parties approaching, the 1920s costumes are a must have for girls looking to dress to impress.
Can you imagine when women dressed in such elaborate gowns and wardrobe?
The sophisticated silhouette truly influences my design inspiration in this collection.
If you could go back in time, which time period would you prefer?
Get to know Stars Dancewear’s Newest Model, Brooke,
featured as our October Model of the Month!
1. How long have you been a dancer or model? I have been dancing for 11 years, and still love it!
2. Who inspires you? My inspiration would have to be Lauren Froderman from SYTYCD! When I get older, I want to dance just like her. Her style is girly and flawless, and she also has amazing flexibility. She adapts easily between styles, and picks up choreography really fast.
3. What’s your favorite thing about Stars Dancewear?I love Stars Dancewear because their clothes are so colorful and fun!! The glitter and furs are so cute and fierce! I was super excited to wear the new 2012 collection. I think it’s so cool that there are professional designers who know what’s hip now. Some of my absolute favorites are the “Haute Look”, and “Square Sequin Hip Hop”.
4. What’s your favorite style of dance? My favorite style of dance would have to be jazz. Its one of the great styles where you can show your sassy and fierce sides. I love when there is a fast beat and girly choreography. It’s so fun to preform it on stage with facials.
5. What advice would you give someone becoming a dancer? My advice to all you dancers it to take every single opportunity you get, and don’t ever get discouraged. Don’t let it get to you if you don’t get picked, called back, etc. Just keep working hard and pushing yourself, and it really will pay off in the end.
Do you have any questions for Brooke? Leave your comments below!
The 2011 Emmy’s red carpet style exemplified a consistent selection of colors and looks.
The most popular colors of the night were red, shades of blue, and finally basic black and white. Many celebrities were seen wearing sequin embellished couture dresses, as well as the favored chiffon and silk fabrics.
We love Evan Rachel Wood’s look here.
She truly appears sharp and sophisticated yet feminine in shape.
Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab, Salvatore Ferragamo & Fred Leighton
Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
Cobie Smulders in Alberta Ferretti & Neil Lane
Are you looking for your own red carpet inspired outfit for an upcoming dance performance?
Be sure to check out our new collection of dancewear available at http://www.starsdancewear.net.
Photos courtesy of: http://awards.tv.yahoo.com.
Posted in Stars News
Tagged alberta ferretti, celebrities, cobie smulders, couture, dance, dress, elie saab, emmys, evan rachel wood, fashion, ferragamo, fred leighton, lea michele, model, neil lane, nina dobrev, rachael taylor, red carpet, sarah hyland, sequins, sofia vergara, style, vera wang
This September, me and my fashion team of designers, stylists are inspired by fairy tales, nature, and beautifully flowing fabrics.
Chanel’s dark fairy dale ensemble for Spring 2010 Fashion Week portrays a sense of mystery and glamour.
We love the fairies in these two ads. Above, she looks like she is going to fly through the forest and dance. Below, she truly appears ready to rule the stars with her power, passion, and love.
Stars Dancewear Lace Collection
The Stars Dancewear Lace Collection falls right in line with a nature fairy’s lifestyle.
Stars Dancewear Lyrical Collection
Stars Dancewear’s Lyrical Collection is inspired by sunsets and the ocean.
Stars Dancewear Inspiration Collection
Stars Dancewear’s Inspiration Collection offers dancers a feminine touch with an ease.
Stars Dancewear Inspiration Collection
What is your favorite fairy tale? Share your stories in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!
Stars Dancewear is searching for models for our Chicago UDMA booth!
If you live in the Chicago area and meet the requirements below please email us your photo and measurements.
- Female age 10-17
- Size 0-2
- Bust 31′-33″
Email your information to: email@example.com
Take a look at the 2012 Stars Dancewear Collection in our commercial here:
Learn what it takes to be a professional dancer, and get advice from our models who’ve been dancing almost their entire lives. In this video, they share their experiences studying ballet and hip hop among others, and they tell us why dressing up in Stars Dancewear costumes is key when competing.
We caught up with one of our favorite models Andi to learn about her experience as a dancer and what its like to be a Stars Dancewear model. She shared her stories and tips to succeed as a professional dancer in the real world, below:
From Left: Erica, Andi, and Brooke in Stars Dancewear's Lyrical Burnout Collection.
- How long have you been a dancer or model? I’ve been dancing since the young age of 2 1/2 and have been modeling for about 4 years.
From Left: Brooke, Andi, and Adrienne in Stars Dancewear's Jazz Collection.
- Who inspires you? I’m inspired constantly by all that surrounds me, challenging choreography, any dancer who constantly goes hard on the dance floor, my dance coach Samantha, and the prospect of becoming the best version of myself~ all those things inspire me.
Andi in Stars Dancewear's Jazz Collection.
- What’s your favorite thing about Stars Dancewear? COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!!! The prints, the bolds, the solids, the pastels and of course the GLITTER!!! Stars Dancewear helps me convey the feeling of my dance with color. Also the fabric lends itself to movement and feels great on me (never itchy or harsh).
Andi (2nd from right) in Stars Dancewear Chic Fur Collection.
- What’s your favorite style of dance? I’m a ballerina but I love all styles because with each different style of dance I can take on a different character-The Graceful Swan, the Sassy Jazz dancer with attitude & personality, the funky hip hopper with swag, the lyrical storyteller. And of course each character needs the perfect wardrobe-thats where Stars Dancewear comes in, they complete the package.
Andi (2nd from left) in Stars Dancewear's Hip Hop Collection.
- What advice would you give someone becoming a dancer? Be prepared to work hard to become your personal best. If you really love to dance then go out and represent your art form well, respect it and nurture it. Also take lots and lots and lots of BALLET!!!!! And at the end of the day, do it because you love it and you love the way you feel when you’re doing it. As my coach Sam always says, “dance with your heart”.
Andi (Center) in Stars Dancewear's Hip Hop Collection.