We caught up with one of our favorite models Andi to learn about her experience as a dancer and what its like to be a Stars Dancewear model. She shared her stories and tips to succeed as a professional dancer in the real world, below:
- How long have you been a dancer or model? I’ve been dancing since the young age of 2 1/2 and have been modeling for about 4 years.
- Who inspires you? I’m inspired constantly by all that surrounds me, challenging choreography, any dancer who constantly goes hard on the dance floor, my dance coach Samantha, and the prospect of becoming the best version of myself~ all those things inspire me.
- What’s your favorite thing about Stars Dancewear? COLOR, COLOR, COLOR!!! The prints, the bolds, the solids, the pastels and of course the GLITTER!!! Stars Dancewear helps me convey the feeling of my dance with color. Also the fabric lends itself to movement and feels great on me (never itchy or harsh).
- What’s your favorite style of dance? I’m a ballerina but I love all styles because with each different style of dance I can take on a different character-The Graceful Swan, the Sassy Jazz dancer with attitude & personality, the funky hip hopper with swag, the lyrical storyteller. And of course each character needs the perfect wardrobe-thats where Stars Dancewear comes in, they complete the package.
- What advice would you give someone becoming a dancer? Be prepared to work hard to become your personal best. If you really love to dance then go out and represent your art form well, respect it and nurture it. Also take lots and lots and lots of BALLET!!!!! And at the end of the day, do it because you love it and you love the way you feel when you’re doing it. As my coach Sam always says, “dance with your heart”.